Saturday, September 22, 2012

How to fix: Windows 8 Modern UI if stuck on the wrong monitor

Us traditional interface users may not pay much attention to the Modern UI, but the other day I managed to get it 'stuck' on a monitor I didn't want it on. It popped up there, whenever invokved, with no way I knew of to move it. Finally I Google'd and discovered if you hover in the lower _left_ of a screen you can select to open the Modern UI on that monitor. From that point forward, it remembers its last monitor. While this is quite trivial, who knows - maybe it saves someone else some time. There has been lots to get used to with Windows 8, and while I consider it a great OS, I wish Microsoft would have spent more resources on marketing and user education (or maybe they plan to).

No comments:

Post a Comment